Town Meeting Summary, 9/21
Posted by PeaceMBW on 21 Sep 2011 | 178 views
The Ashland City Times has a summary of the latest Town of Kingston Springs Commission Meeting. Among the highlights:
- Our local sewer fees will increase, from $30 to $50 for residential level service,
- The proposed 3200 SQFT community center was discussed. Apparently, the Cheatham County Community Theater group has expressed desire to use the facility, but have reportedly not been communicative with town officials regarding specifically what their structural needs are. This community center reportedly is to be build for broad usage to meet the needs of the community.
- Local officials addressed beer in all it’s glory. Specifically, where beer could be served and where demarcation lines of where to drink this beer begin and end. Due to questions about such beer issues, any issues surrounding beer ordinances was tabled. [insert beer joke here....couldn't resist, folks]
- Over 17K will be used from the drug fund for a new K-9. This money will go toward the purchase of the dog, training, kenneling and veterinary care.
- If you want to buy any surplus items from the city, then you will have your chance on September 19th-22nd, from 8AM-4PM, and again on September 23rd, 8AM-Noon.